President & Founder
Tara Maria Amavi is founder and president of TCA Going Global/The Compliance Alliance L.P. TCA is a member-based organization specializing in universal, affordable and effective occupational health and safety systems for America’s workplace. Ms. Amavi, named one of Houston’s Top 50 Most Influential Women in 2012 for her lifetime contributions to the safety industry and named one of America’s Who’s Who in the Safety Industry (2007), developed proprietary web-enabled tools (“The TCA Safety System®, TCA Instant!®, TCA Check-In / Check-Out®, and more) on an international platform which ranked #1 in the world for managing contractor safety by a Fortune 50 company. In 2001 and 2002, TCA was ranked the 28th & 29th fastest growing business in Houston by the Houston Business Journal 100, and enjoyed #20 on Houston’s 2007 Fastest Growing Woman-Owned Businesses. In September of 2012, TCA shared the cover of Build Houston magazine with Valero and E.E. Reed Construction as one of Valero’s “perfect project partners.”
Amavi, once a single mother of five on food stamps, is now the only woman business owner in the world that is operating an internationally recognized workplace safety services firm.
- Named one of Houston’s Top 50 Most Influential Women by Houston Woman magazine, 2012
- Named one of the Fastest Growing Woman-Owned Businesses by Houston Business Journal, 2007
- Named one of the Who’s Who in American Safety Industry by Compliance Magazine, 2007
- Developed: TCA Safety System® ,TCA INSTANT!® & TCA Check-In/Check-Out®, the only safety management and security access software of its kind, ranked #1 in the world by a Fortune 50 Company for managing contractor safety
- Cultural transformation/team-building specific to transforming safety culture and processes.
- Served almost 1000 companies nationwide
- Led firm in conducting millions of safety observations on thousands of job sites
- Facilitated over 200 OSHA cases
Articles (as author) • Published over 50 articles since 2006 including regular safety and health columnist for Build Houston magazine • League City Light newspaper 25-30 columns; 1989-1991 (columnist--health, safety and environmental issues) • League City Light newspaper (5 feature stories 1989-1991 including Brio Superfund scandals) As Expert • Compliance Magazine (Who’s Who In Safety, 2007) • Entrepreneur Magazine • Success Magazine • Texas Contractor Magazine • Houston Chronicle • Houston Business Journal • CEE • Semana Construction • ENR Magazine (2001, Annual Washington D.C. Construction Summit) • National Real Estate Investor (Hazard Communication; trade mag., 12/89) • Builder & Contractor Magazine (Hazard Communication; 4/90) • Houston Post (“Hazard Communication”; front page Sunday/business section, 12/89) • League City Light newspaper (professional profile, May 1990) • Houston Chronicle, This Week (Green Team, March 1991) • Houston Business Journal (Drug programs) • Subcontractor Magazine (Hazard communication) • Village Life Southwest News (Green Team) • Pasadena Citizen (Green Team) • Construction Supervision and Safety Letter (Hazard Communication, April, 1991) • Houston Business Journal (Drug programs, April, 1991) • The Navajo Times, (Review of workshop I conducted at the State Educational Forum relating to applying quality system processes to the educational system, summer 1999– I was invited to speak by Arizona State Representative Sylvia Laughter) • Houston Post (Xylene spill feature story) • Expert witness designation re: business litigation (Trade secret relevance in OSHA regulatory industry) • KTRH radio re: News features on chemical spills; Phillips explosion (1990-91 explosion). And many more…
Radio •2006-2010 Six highlights of Tara Hart (now Tara Amavi, name change due to identity theft) and TCA’s methods on The BusinessMakers radio show hosted by John Beddow (Houston Business Journal publisher) and Russ Capper. •NPR (BP Event) KFMC-Houston •KILT/KIKK/KHJZ/Houston Weekend Magazine KTRH/Monday Morning Drive •KPFT/Voices at Work KPRC/News feature, Household hazardous waste; aired January 1, 2, 1990 KPRC/Doug Johnson Show, “Green Team”-11/26/90 •KMJK/w/ Leroy Patterson, “Green Team”- 11/21/90 KHMX/Community Affairs, “Green Team”- 11/20/90 •KLTR/Dynamic Houston Show, “Green Team”- October 28-29, 1990 •KLAT/Community Affairs, “Green Team”- 12/15/90 •KLDE/Community Affairs, “Green Team”- 11/12/90 •KIKK/Community Affairs, “Green Team”- 11/18/90 •KNUZ/Community Affairs, “Green Team”- 11/09/90 Television •CBS/Evening News (BP event, 2005) •CBS/Local News Multiple Appearances (2005) NBC/Local News 6pm and 10pm (2005) •The Debra Duncan Show (2005) •Channel 13/Good Morning Houston, our contest winner “Green Team”- 12/19/90 •AM Houston Show with Sandy Rivera--”Household hazardous waste”-2/90 •Channel 26/Hola Houston, “Green Team” 12/15/90 •Channel 2/The Kids Show,”Green Team Contest Winners”-12/90
- •Annual Washington D.C. Construction Summit (Sponsored by ENR)
- •Allied Construction Industries “ACI” Keynote speaker at annual conference 2007, Standardization of Safety and the Use of TCA Instant!
- •Exxon Mobil
- •Gardiere Wynn
- •Women in Construction
- •ASSE / American Society of Safety Engineers
- •51st Annual Wilmington, North Carolina Regional Safety and Health School
- •Bechtel Telecommunications
- •ABC/Associated Builders & Contractors
- •IEC/Independent Electrical Contractors
- •National Business Institute, Developing a Comprehensive Strategy for Workplace Injuries and more.